Meditation was first discovered by archaeologists dating back as early as 5,000 BCE. It was discovered in Egypt and China and is vastly used by Judaism, Hinduism, Jainism, Sikhism, and Buddhism. A Japanese monk by the name of Dosho visited China in 653 and discovered Zen, when he returned to japan he introduced everyone in his country to Meditation. Meditation helps you to get rid of any stress or pain lurking inside your mind. Meditation is derived from a word in Latin, meditation, which translates into “concentrate”.
Benefits of meditation
Meditation is a quick and easy way to reduce stress and get rid of any thought which is bringing your morale down. It helps you to freshen up and get ready to face any new challenge which is being thrown upon you by your beautiful life.
Anyone can practice meditation because it does not require any specific equipment you can do it anywhere you like but I would suggest doing it in a quiet place. Practice meditation just for a few minutes and you will see the results in your day-to-day life. Meditation can help you get into a better mental and emotional state.
Meditation can help you get a better perspective in stressful situations. It helps you to focus on what’s going on around you. It helps you to get better at managing your stress. It helps you to get inner peace. It increases your creativity and tolerance.
Type of meditations
Meditation contains a lot of different types but they have the same goal of getting you relaxed and stress-less.
The most commonly used meditation techniques are:
- Mindfulness Meditation. Mindfulness meditation focuses on you living in the moment. It helps you relieve stress. It mentally trains you to slow down your thoughts, get rid of negativity, and make your body and mind calm
- Guided meditation. Guided meditation is a type of meditation that tells you to imagine or visualize a place, moment, or thought which helps you feel relaxed. Use any sense you can to imagine the situation you feel relaxed in, i.e use the sense of smell, sight, or touch.
- Mantra Meditation. A mantra is a type of meditation in which you repeat a certain word, phrase, or thought to help you get rid of any distracting memories.
- Qi gong. Qi gong was discovered in China and is widely used in Chinese medicine. Qi gong combines relaxation, breathing exercises, and body movement to get the body and mind back into balance.
- Yoga. Yoga is the most popular form of meditation. You stretch your body while being in balance and focusing on your breathing which helps you to get rid of any distractions currently going on inside your mind.
Is meditation useful?
The answer is Yes, If you want a peaceful and calm mind it is useful to practice meditation.
It helps you get through your day with a calm and collected mind. It removes all the stress inside your mind. You can find more about the benefits of meditation here.
Be sure to check out more from our website 5 top-notch tips: A manner to handle the strain